Getting to Veysonnaz is easy as it is only 20 minutes from the A9 motorway at Sion. The region has superb road and rail connections to mainland Europe/UK and a choice of three airports close by (Sion - 20 minutes, Geneva - 1Â¾ hours, Zurich - 3 hours).
Veysonnaz has the shortest transfer time in the Alps thanks to Snowjet - a new scheduled winter service from London Stansted to Sion. Geneva is the nearest international airport and is about 1Â¾ hours drive by motorway. All car rentals at the airport should include snow-tyres as standard, by law, during winter months. Alternatively there is a convenient and direct train service from GenÃ¨ve Airport to Sion running roughly every 30 minutes and taking 1hr:48 to 2hrs:05 minutes depending on which train you catch. From Sion it is only 20 mins to Veysonnaz by taxi or bus - see below.
Traveling using the Swiss Railway service is both efficient and relaxing. Trains are punctual, comfortable and allow you enjoy the magnificent scenery. The closest train station to Veysonnaz is Sion, which is served by direct trains from France, Germany and Italy.There is a convenient and direct train service from GenÃ¨ve to Sion running roughly every 30 minutes and taking 1hr:30 to 1hr:56 minutes depending on which train you catch. For Swiss Railway timetables, visit http://www.sbb.ch/ and for trains from UK/Europe see http://www.raileurope.co.uk. From Sion it is only 20 mins to Veysonnaz by taxi or bus - see below.
A bus service runs seven times daily from Sion train station to Veysonnaz. - see www.carpostal.ch
You can reserve your taxi by telephone or visit the website for more information and reservations.
Cool Taxi - Veysonnaz
+41(0)79 213 78 84
Driving in Switzerland is easy. The roads infrastructure is first class and junctions are well sign-posted.
From Geneva Airport
Geneva is about 1Â¾ hour drive by motorway
1. Exit the airport and merge onto the A1 (E25) following signs for "Lausanne".
2. Follow the motorway for 56km.
3. Turn right onto the onto A9 [E62] following signs for "E62 / Simplon / GD-St-Bernard / Vevey-Montreux / Lausanne-Nord"
4. Follow the A9 motorway for 93km and follow directions from Sion below.
We reliably do the journey from Calais to Veysonnaz in around 8 hours including a few short stops. By catching an early Eurotunnel we arrive mid afternoon (with a cool bag full of frozen meals for the nights we don't eat out). If you prefer an overnight stop then Beaune, the capital of Burgandy wines, is lovely.
5. Take A16 towards Omer
6. Take A26/E15 towards Riems
7. Take A26/E17 towards Troyes
8. Take A5/E17 towards Dijon
9. Take A31 towards Dole
10. Take A39 towards Besancon
11. Take A36/E60 towards Besancon
12. Take N57/E23 towards Besancon, Pontarlier & Lausanne
13. Take A9/E23 towards
14. Take A9/E62 towards Simplon, St-Bernard, Vevey-Montreux & Lausanne-Nord
15. Follow the A9 motorway for 93km and follow directions from Sion below.
From Sion Ouest motorway exit
16. Turn right at the Sion Ouest exit, follow the road to a T-junction and turn left towards "Nendaz".
17. Go straight over the roundabout, over the bridge and sharp left to Nendaz.
18. Turn right towards "Nendaz / Veysonnaz" after reaching a set of traffic lights. You will know you are on the right road if you see Giroud Vins in front of you on the left. (Call and buy some wine if it is open)
19. Continue up the mountain pass, passing through the villages of Turin, Arvillard, Baar, Brigon. IGNORE THE WHITE SIGN FOR VEYSONNAZ AT 3.5KMs. Continue until reaching Beuson. Take a sharp turn left for Veysonnaz. Note: Staight on takes you to Nendaz and the useful Siviez ski station.
20. Continue up road until reaching the old village of Veysonnaz and follow the signs for the "TÃ©lÃ©cabine" (sharp right turn).
21. You are now on the road to Veysonnaz Station. After a couple more hairpin bends you will pass a multi story car park and petrol pumps on your left and then come to a sharp left hairpin bend. Do not go round this bend.
22. On the apex of the bend turn right in to the Main Street of the Station, Route de Pra.
23. If checking-in at VIP you will find them in the first building on the right.
24. For Perce Neige, continue along Route de Pra, past VIP, past a the lift serving Plien Ceil, past Ski Heaven and then take the small turning on the right (before and opposite the bakery). Perce Neige is the buidling just below Ski Heaven and the parking area is to the left (Marked H).
25. For Myosotis, continue further along Route de Pra past the small row of shops and a phone box on your right and a bar and supermarket on your left and take a very sharp right turn (around the Greppon Blanc restaurant). Myosotis is in front of you and is the first turning on the left. Parking space is marked Thomas.
Prices include a parking space adjacent to the apartment. Additional spaces are not included, although you may have no problem parking nearby for free, and parking in Veysonnaz generally is not difficult. Covered spaces are available in the Grangettes parking underneath the Hotel Chalet Royal at 10 Swiss Francs per night.